Marketing and Social Media Intern
Part-time work from home, around 10-15 hours a week
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and child marriage. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
Since 2010, the focus of the Foundation’s programs includes:
- Lobbying and outreach to expand and strengthen state and national legislation for the protection of women and girls from FGM, honor violence, child and forced marriage.
- Highlighting the continued oppression of women and girls in the US committed in the name of religion and culture.
- Training of relevant frontline professionals including, child protection offices and social worker, law enforcement, school nurses and counsellors, medical professionals.
- Connecting women and girls in crisis to appropriate services.
- Publishing reports and articles and organizing conferences about the dangers of Islamic extremism.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide and execute creative ideas to help achieve our marketing/fundraising campaign goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns.
This internship will help you acquire new marketing skills, strengthen existing ones and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced, virtual, work environment.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Help with monthly newsletter production including brainstorming, interviewing, copywriting, editing, and creation of blogs and email mock-up in ConstantContact.
- Design various marketing materials and graphics using software such as Adobe products, Canva, and video editing software.
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management system, DonorPerfect.
- Support marketing team in daily administrative tasks.
- Assist in marketing promotional activities through social media, email, and direct mail solicitations.
- Participate in brainstorming and implement marketing campaigns and branding for the Foundation.
- Assist in various other activities as needed such as supporting and improving fundraising efforts, and other duties as assigned.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Masters degree.
- Passion for marketing, and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced work environment.
- Attention to detail, strong writing skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Self-motivated and excellent time and project management skills.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications is a plus. (e.g. CRM tools, Canva, Adobe, iMovie or other video editing software)
Please send application with an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.