Prospect and Program Development Assistant
Full-Time or Part-Time leading to Full-Time
AHA Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to liberate women and girls from practices that violate their human rights. That means liberty from female genital mutilation, honor violence, and child marriage. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
Since 2010, the focus of the Foundation’s programs includes:
- Publishing reports and articles and organizing conferences about the dangers of Islamic extremism.
- Highlighting the continued oppression of women and girls in the US committed in the name of religion and culture.
- Lobbying and outreach to expand and strengthen state and national legislation for the protection of women and girls.
- Training of relevant frontline professionals including, child protection offices and social worker, law enforcement, school nurses and counsellors, medical professionals.
- Connecting women and girls in crisis to appropriate services.
The Prospect and Program Development Assistant will support members of the senior management team at the AHA Foundation. S/he will identify prospective donors and strategic partners and help to steward these relationships to ensure positive and purposeful prospect, donor and partnership relations. The candidate must be a highly energetic individual with an eye to detail. S/he will report to the Executive Director and will work collaborative and strategically with the Senior Consultant and other team members supporting direct marketing, communications and policy advocacy.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Assist in identifying and help manage a portfolio of prospects including major gift donors, foundations, federal and state grants, and potential partnership with related organizations.
- Work alongside the Executive Director to initiate contacts with leadership in other organizations, or foundations, and major gift donors.
- Implement cultivation strategies for major gift donors
and maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Participate in all aspects of the government and Foundation grant giving cycle including prospect searching, initial contact and outreach, cultivating a relationship, and maintaining in good relationship with staff.
- Work in DonorPerfect to build and maintain an accurate donor database.
- Assist in various other activities as needed such as supporting and improving fund-raising efforts, and other duties as assigned.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Self-motivated and excellent time management skills.
- Enjoys working as a team and understands the needs and interests of the AHA Foundation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with programs like Donor Perfect, and Donor Search are a plus.
Please send application with an accompanying cover letter to [email protected].