AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to protect, preserve and promote western freedoms and ideals. AHA Foundation was founded by women’s rights activist and best-selling author Ayaan Hirsi Ali in 2007.
We are looking for an enthusiastic social media intern to join our marketing department and provide and execute creative ideas to help achieve our marketing/fundraising campaign goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics. As a social media intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns.
This internship will help you acquire new marketing skills, strengthen existing ones, and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in social media for a non-profit organization and how this channel connects to overall marketing and fundraising strategy and tactics and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced, virtual, work environment.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Update and proofread content on AHA Foundation’s social media.
- Help produce social media posts with copywriting to be used across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Create visual elements like designs and graphics through Canva or Adobe Illustrator to be used across social media.
- Identify content to be used on LinkedIn from AHA Foundation’s old and new blogs and post it to our account
- Support marketing team in daily administrative tasks and donor cultivation via emails and calls.
Key competencies, technical background, and experience required:
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Master’s degree.
- Passion for social media and marketing, and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Superb attention to detail, strong writing, proofreading skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, and working knowledge of Google Suite and social media management systems like Buffer Publish.
- Self-motivated; excellent time and project management skills.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications is a plus. (e.g, Canva, Adobe, iMovie or other video editing software)
How to apply
- Email us a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and a link to any previous work that demonstrates your ability to create visual content if available.