Video Editing Intern
Number of hours each week: 10-20
Length of assignment: Three months
Established by Ayaan Hirsi Ali to put the ideas she writes about into practice, the AHA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that works to protect women from honor violence, forced marriage and genital mutilation.
Our programs advocate for freedom of speech on campuses and in public debate, and amplify the voices of Muslim reformers.
We are looking for an independent, self-motivated college student or recent graduate with ideally at least one year of motion graphic design and video editing experience to join our dynamic marketing team and take a lead on video editing and assist with the creation of video content to be used across social media platforms. This effort will help us further engage and inspire AHA Foundation supporters.
- Basic knowledge and experience with some form of video editor, including iMovie, WeVideo, FinalCut or Adobe Premiere
- Basic understanding of social media algorithms and how to best utilize video for specific channels
- Strong creative and organization skills
- Thorough and strong attention to detail
- A self-starter, driven, deadline-oriented and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task with limited supervision
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Index and categorize video content based on the topic. Videos will span a broad category of AHA Foundation’s work. After indexing, cut the video into smaller clips to be distributed across social media.
- With those clips, you will help optimize their use across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other platforms.
- Assist in the creation of original short-form videos, animated and video content from events, that engages, educates, and inspires AHA Foundation’s audience on topics like female genital mutilation, child and forced marriage, honor violence, Islamism, and more
- Assist in building production schedules and follow them closely while developing timely video and graphic elements on multiple platforms
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Collaborate with the marketing director and social media coordinator to brainstorm and develop video concepts
- Receive feedback from the marketing team and make necessary changes
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips, and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to our specifications
Please send a resume with an accompanying cover letter to [email protected].