Effective August 19, 2020.
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis, and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to: collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features, and content, to administer your membership and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site (together, our “Services”).
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you sign up to receive our e-newsletter and email notifications, we may ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email address. We will use your Personal Information to create an AHA Foundation account (“Account”) and you will become a member of AHA Foundation (“Member”). We use your Personal Information mainly to provide our Services and to administer your Account and inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration of your Account (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We may publicly display on the Site certain Healthcare Information that is Non-Identifying Information.
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide our Services and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information may be considered part of your Personal Information if it is combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone, or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other AHA Foundation Members to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of our Services, and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to tailor communications to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with AHA Foundation newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and our Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Our Website also makes use of Google Analytics and similar or related analytic products to store information that you send to the server when using the Website. This data includes IP address, pages accessed, and documents uploaded, modified or deleted. For more information about Google Analytics and its privacy practices, please read here:
Feedback and Testimonials
We may post testimonials and feedback on the Site which may contain Personal Information. We will obtain a Member’s consent via email prior to posting the testimonial or feedback in conjunction with such Member’s Personal Information. We also allow individuals to post comments directly on our blog pages.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to AHA Foundation. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Please note that AHA Foundation does not sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for such third parties’ promotional or marketing purposes.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for enhancement of features of our Services, industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide our Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
AHA Foundation cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of AHA Foundation or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
AHA Foundation may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information and Data Retention
All Members may request to update, correct, or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us at email@example.com. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated.
We will retain your information, including Personal Information, for as long as your Account is active or as needed to provide you with our Services. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
AHA Foundation is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted, electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
AHA Foundation Offers and Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites and offers for third party products or services that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.